Has your skin been looking a little dull lately? Maybe you’re struggling with more breakouts than usual or starting to notice more fine lines and wrinkles? Whatever your skin condition is, we know that one of your priorities is healthy skin and a radiant complexion!
Things like lack of sleep and stress from work can all show up on your skin. No matter what your life throws at you, we have the top 5 healthy skin tips that you can start using today to get the glow you’re after!
1. Wear SPF Every Day.
Dr. Barnett S. Kramer shares with the NIH, “The more sun exposure you have, the earlier your skin ages.” The sun is the number one cause of aging and can cause so much damage to our skin leading to conditions like hyperpigmentation, dehydration, sensitivity, dryness, and DNA damage.
To prevent this, you need to be wearing an SPF, at least on your face and neck, daily! Below are some sunscreen tips!
Quick SPF tips for healthy skin:
- Wear a broadband SPF to block UVA and UVB rays
- Choose a protection level of 30+
- Use 2 TBSP for your face and neck
- Reapply every 2 hours
- Apply as the LAST step in your skincare routine
2. Simplify Your Skincare Routine.
We’ve all seen the rise in 10 to 12-step skincare routines, especially with the trending popularity of K-beauty and J-beauty, but you don’t need that many products for healthy skin. In fact, using fewer, well-formulated products can increase their efficacy and reduce the risk for irritation.
Dr. Pamela Benito talks about “product overload” and shares that “If you’re over-using products or have too many in your regimen, you will notice skin reactions like increased breakouts and congested pores.” It can also lead to increased sensitivity and redness.
Your skin likes consistency and slow changes. If you are trying a lot of different products and your skin seems to be getting worse, try going back to the basics: cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and SPF (AM).
Check out the Ultimate Glow Bundle, for a simple, daily skincare routine.
3. Use A Mild Cleanser.
Your cleanser is the first step in your skincare routine and a critical one! Its job is to remove makeup, dirt, oil, and bacteria, and prep your skin to absorb restorative nutrients from your secondary products. This is why it’s no important to find a gentle, healthy face wash!
Cleansers with harsh ingredients and exfoliating beads can strip your natural skin oils and disrupt your skin barrier. You want to find a heathy face wash that works with your skin, not against it.
The best mild cleansers for healthy, radiant skin are cream cleansers and oil cleansers. Both are gentle, yet effective, and nourish your skin as they cleanse. Oil cleansers are especially effective at cleansing away make up.
Shop our different cleansing oils created to address dryness, aging, oily skin, breakouts, sensitivity, and more!
4. Hydrate & Use A Quality Face Moisturizer.
One of your skin’s primary jobs is staying hydrated which is why a good face moisturizer is key to heathy skin! Your skin barrier plays a critical role in maintaining your skin’s health by blocking out toxins and environmental risks. When your skin is dry, think of your skin as a brick wall without any mortar, this leaves gaps and hole for toxins and bacteria to sneak in.
Staying on top of your skin’s hydration with a quality face moisturizer fills those gaps and keeps your skin barrier strong and your skin healthy and glowing. You should be moisturizing AM and PM, but if you’re noticing your skin is extra thirsty or you want an extra boost, try a hydrating facial tonic throughout the day!
Best Hydrating Ingredients for Your Face Moisturizer & Facial Mists
- Aloe Vera—used for thousands of years to heal skin, aloe vera is a strong moisturizing humectant and anti-inflammatory.
- Glycerin—a hydrating ingredient that adds moisture, boosts skin hydration levels, and softens skin texture.
- Hydrosols—extracted from botanicals, hydrosols contain antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and help the skin lock in moisture and soften skin.
5. Eat A Nutrient-Rich Diet.
It’s no secret that our diets have a direct impact on the health and quality of our skin. Some studies have shown a link between food allergies and skin conditions like eczema, as well as acne. We recommend that you eat a variety of whole foods to ensure your skin gets the micro and macro nutrients it needs to repair, protect, and keep you looking and feeling your best!
Key Nutrients for Healthy Skin:
- Omega-3’s—Omega-3’s are essential fatty acids that our bodies cannot produce themselves, so you need to get them from your diet. Foods rich in omega-3’s can help protect your skin from the sun, reduce acne, and moisturize your skin.
- Zinc – Zinc is an essential mineral, and like Omega-3’s, your body cannot create it on its own. Zinc is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and can help your skin heal itself.
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants help fight free radicals and reverse damage caused by sun exposure, and they can also help repair our DNA. They’re great for improving your skin health and giving you a radiant complexion!
Are you looking for more tips for great, healthy skin? Be sure to follow us on social > @evredaskincare